photo 0169453c-0bdf-4c6a-994a-535c841417f6.png

Topic Options
Hop to:
#95823 - 04/20/20 07:34 PM Sun bleached cow bones... SOLD
ADC Offline
Administrator

Loc: Mahaska Co. Iowa
I got a big box of them for your T-Bone sets. You can break the big ones for great lure holders too. Vertebrae are of course already terrific. If you'd like them, I'd take $25 for the whole pile (pictured) picked up here in New Sharon, or I can ship them through speedee if you want to pay shipping. These are sometimes hard to find, great eye appeal, there's enough for a bunch of sets here and reusable too if they don't get hauled off... Let me know. - SOLD -

Edited by ADC (04/20/20 09:26 PM)

#95827 - 04/20/20 07:45 PM Re: Sun bleached cow bones... [Re: ADC]
ADC Offline
Administrator

Loc: Mahaska Co. Iowa
Kinda hard to see the pictures in this very old post I made but you should get the idea on how I use them...

Quote:
This will be a flat set for k9s using a sun bleached cow bone as backing. Here’s a list of the needed items to make this set…

§ One trap, of your choice depending on the critter you’re after
§ Trap stake or two, again your choice
§ Sun bleached cow bone
§ Pan cover, of your choice
§ Dirt sifter
§ Good gland lure
§ Good bait

My favorite location is at the head of a draw in a picked soybean field. I start off by digging a bed for the trap and poking a small hole above the trap bed with my trap stake…

Next I stake the trap so the loose jaw will lie on the head of the stake and the dog points at the 1:30 position or so when bedded, had I of staked this trap the stake would be where the end swivel is located…

I wad up a piece of waxed paper so it won’t crinkle when stepped on, then open it up to use as my pan cover…

I sift dirt over solidly bedded trap then replace the ground cover so it looks like nothing was done there….

A few drops of gland lure down the hole, a tablespoon of bait into the marrow cavity of the bone and place the bone over the hole…

A wider view of the completed set, that bone sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl, really gets their attention…

~ADC~

Moderator:  ADC 

PLEASE HELP ALL TRAPPERS BY JOINING THE FOLLOWING TRAPPING ASSOCIATIONS

Click their names to join today!

photo Banner_mtp.jpg  photo 0169453c-0bdf-4c6a-994a-535c841417f6.png  photo Screenshot 2016-03-19 at 8.18.48 PM.png